Most recently we went north for the weekend, to my Grandparents house, Papa turned 70!
We spent a wonderful weekend with bonfires, marshmallow's, food fights, catching up and being together. It wasn't just that I went there and was with these people that I love so dearly, it was that if my husband and I were still together, I know I wouldn't have gone. I would have stayed home and missed out on my kiddo playing with his cousins, I would have missed hanging out with mine and reaffirming that life long bond we created when we were muchkins. That part was for you, Nonnie. We would have gone on with the normal things we do in life and missed out on a really good time with people we love, so much. I forgot, really forgot, how much these people all mean to me and how much my kid and I mean to them.
I've stopped looking for reasons to call my husband and started looking for reasons not to call him. If something comes up, I deal with it, without him knowing, giving me his opinion, judging mine, without having to listen to him tell me how that's wrong and I should do it this way or that way.
I miss him with so much of me still, but I've learned how to cope with missing him, with being sad over the way things have changed and learning to have new dreams and hopes. It isn't as hard now that I've shut him out of my life. If he texts, I give the very, very, very basic response, let him know Pey is fine, anything else just gets ignored.
It's like learning to breathe in water and I'm finally breathing, I've finally stopped drowning and started living. I can feel my feet beginning to touch solid ground, I can feel that our world has stopped spinning so fast.
I know we will still have bad days, we both miss him a ton, but I also know without a doubt that we have the strength to walk away now. I found my strength with my family this weekend, I found the courage I needed to say this is so scary but....there's been enough bad, and I can do this one day at a time.
On a much brighter note, this weekend Pey said "Love you!" for the very first time. Rusty was leaving and saying bye to everyone....I think.....and when he said love you, Pey said "Love you." SOOOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This kid melts my heart every single day. Being his Mommy makes my life a million times better. OHHHH, I almost forgot, another first for my munchkin was when we were sitting at the bonfire Saturday night and he saw the frog that he began chasing and finally caught up to and reached down and started petting the stupid thing like it was a dog.
Leona,
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog. You are a beautiful, intelligent woman & fantastic mom. I'm sure anyone reading has gotten something that can help them. I have a feeling that you will be awesome in whatever you do. I commend you for your spirit and love in your heart. Someone will be happy some day when they meet you. And treat you and Peyton with lots and lots of love!
Miss you two!
Mary